Fitting Wood Flooring - (Uniclic System)
HOW TO GUIDE
Helpful Tips on Fitting Wooden Flooring. ( Based on Using Quickstep Uniclic )
We have been selling and distributing Solid Hardwood Engineered & High Quality Quickstep Laminate Flooring for 15 Years.
Here are a Few Tips when Fitting Laminate or Engineered Flooring. ( Based on the the Quickstep Flooring System ).
- Measure the Width of the Room before fitting so that you don’t get stuck with a small cut off When you get to the Wall.
- Where possible Run the boards along the longest run in the room.
- Use the Offcut when you get to the Wall to start the next row. ( Only up to 3 Rows or you will see a pattern Forming ).
- Use a Fitting bar that allows you to get the hammer behind the Board next to the Wall. ( Always worth buying a Fixing Kit ).
- Use Wedges against the Skirting Board or the Wall to allow the correct expansion gap size. ( Roughly 10mm ).
- Always check your Floor Levels before proceeding to Fit a Wooden Floor. ( If the Sub Floor isn’t Level don’t fit Until it has been sorted out.
- Check that the Concrete Floor that your new wooden floor is being Fitted on is Dry.
- Clear away any Building materials, Grit or Dust Prior to Fitting
- Cut through your Architraves rather than trying to cut around them. ( Undercut handsaws are available ).
- Always leave your flooring for a minimum of 1 Week prior to Fitting to get use to the climate in your property.
- Always adhere to the Manufacturers recommended Fitting & Maintenance Instructions.
We hope that this Quick guide has helped you. These are helpful tips that we have picked up through years of experience.